If you have not had a chance to read the new book by John Hattie and David Yates – there are a great deal of good points and interesting research.Below are some quotes that I found interesting, I hope that you may find some of them interesting to.
Hattie and Yates – Visible Learning and The Science of How we Learn
- We are motivated by knowledge gaps but not by knowledge chasms
- Feedback matters a lot. It should always focus on next steps.
- Knowing what to do matters more than knowing what your level is.
- Understanding what to do is greatly helped by worked examples which are analysed.
- Great feedback provides a map – it is a mode of processing but also motivating and ensuring that a knowledge gap is bridgeable and does now become a chasm.
- Feedback is as much about reflecting on your own effectiveness as a…
View original post 571 more words